The Best Mentor On LeatherNeck
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink The Best Mentor On LeatherNeck

Motor T 3531 SSgt Jim Nelson is by far the best Marine Mentor on Leatherneck if it wasnt for him i wouldnt even have the heart and the mind the join the United States Marines he has taught me so much in so little time and for that i thank him the most... Jim has let me post one of his pictures when he was in nam' he sent me awhile back it is my favorite one because he is in his truck with a LT and I am going to be a Motor T 3531, i really like it alot PS: thanks for everything Jim.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jim.jpg‎
Views:	386
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	4000  

Im a 3521 and hears a hint. DONT fill the oil fill tube with coolent then turn over the engine. Yes this happend and that pfc became a pvt on his first working day in his first unit and bought a 6.2L ancore

My Vote for Best Marine Mentor also goes to SSgt Jim Nelson.
    He is not only a Marine Mentor......he is also a Marine PARENT Mentor. He has helped me, a parent of a Recruit, with some silly questions as well as very serious ones. He understands, inspires and truly cares. Too bad I don't have a photo to share!!

Ditto, thanks again for all of your help Ssgt! All of the knowledge he passed on gave this young PFC a running start when he stepped onto the yellow footprints last May. Semper Fi Devildog

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My vote also has to go to SSGT. Nelson for he has helped show us the ropes as parnets and also to the Grasshoppers we sent in June to MCRD that are due to Gradurate on the 9th of Sept. It has been a good year for Jim in getting the good one's to their yellow foot prints but one set is sadly missed . I know that one set hurt the SSGT. alot. But he carries on and is always looking to help any Poolee in any way he can.

Jim is both an outstanding Marine and human being. Let us not forget, however, the entire community of Marines that keeps Leatherneck going!

I'm glad to see Jim has garnered such respect. Glad to call you a friend, Jim.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I still say he needs some work on those boots!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jim-boots.jpg‎
Views:	295
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	4005  

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for helping me out whenever I needed it Jim!

Hey you know my answer SSgt

Semper Fi

i knew him before i went into the corps listen to him abou the corps he knows alot. he's full of crap other wise. l.o.l thanks S.SGT. Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

OORAH!!! Cogratulations Marines

Yes Pvt Parrish I do know your answer brother and thank you! PRIVATE DI CAMILLO! I just thank God almighty that you are an 0311 and not a comm man because we would be in deep doo doo! Listen up at the the School Of Infantry and give your training 110%. Always follow your NCO's closely and never waiver and most important always cover your brothers six as they cover your six when you join the Fleet and you will prevail. God Bless and keep both of you OORAH!!!

Semper Fidelis Brothers

Jim

WOW! a LOT of outpouring for ol Jinelson here! good job, Marine

TIM,THANKS FOR THE PIC. HE STILL LOOKS UGLY.LMAO

Was there even a question about Ssgt Nelson being the best? He is an amazing Marine and damn motivating if you ask me. He did a lot for me when i was a poolee and even now as a Marine. I appreciate all Ssgt Nelson does and all the outstanding mentoring sessions i recieved from him as a poolee

Ooorah Ssgt!

PFC COULTER

Thread Information